Nugent Crisis Fund
With the support of the Albert Gubay Charitable Foundation Nugent are pleased to launch the Covid-19 Nugent Crisis Fund.
The Albert Gubay Charitable Foundation has donated £15,000 as a one-off grant to Nugent’s Caritas team to be used in the next four months to enable us to provide desperately needed support through one-off grants for families and individuals living within the Archdiocese of Liverpool who are impacted with a Covid-19 issue.
Who can access the fund?
Our funding criteria is flexible in terms of specific items we will help families or individuals purchase. However, funds can only be provided for families or individuals who are in exceptional circumstances due to Covid-19 and are facing a crisis.
Headteachers, Priests or representative of the parish, or Nugent employees can apply on behalf of families or individuals through completion of the application form, detailing the difficulties the people are experiencing and why they require this one-off financial support.
Due to limited funds we regret we cannot support families or individuals on-going needs.
We are not able to support applications from statutory funded services.
Award Criteria and assessment
Once received an application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Is this an exceptional circumstance and is it related to Covid-19?
- Is this one-off support going to make a difference to the family or individuals? i.e. it is not an ongoing need?
- Is the family/individual facing a genuine crisis and will the items requested lessen this?
- Is the amount of funding reasonable in relation to the items requested? If not, we can consider providing part-funding.
Getting more information
If there is not enough detail provided on the application form to assess whether the above criteria has been met, then we will contact you for further information.
Multiple applications from Schools
Each school or parish involved in the Nugent Crisis fund is allocated up to 6 applications. This will enable the school to prioritise their most vulnerable families and ensure this support is going to those in need of it the most. Exceptions can only be made to take more than 6 applications for an individual school or parish for families with a very high level of need and must be agreed by Nugent’s Director of Operations.
Items unlikely to be funded
Our supporters who donate to Nugent Crisis Fund rightly expect this money to be used to support families and individuals in desperate need. Therefore, certain items are very unlikely to be funded, e.g.:
- We are unable to fund items such as laptops, (unless there is a very compelling case to do so).
How we will make the payment
- We do not give out money/cash to individuals
- An electronic payment will be issued to the school or parish
- We request that the school/parish purchase the items or equipment for the person/family being referred
- The grant must be acknowledged by the referrer and the beneficiary must sign to say they have received the grant, this must be e-mailed back to Nugent within 10 days of receipt of the grant.
- We expect applications to be around £300 and under £500.
You can download the application form below.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to respond to all applications within 3 days.
If you would like to discuss your application please contact the Caritas Manager, Marie Reynolds email@example.com