Health & Safety
The Health & Safety Department’s purpose is to support the ELT and Registered managers to ensure that Nugent meets all its regulatory requirements with regards to health and safety and Fire.
- To provide advice and to develop policies and procedures necessary to ensure that Nugent is compliant with all legislative health, safety and fire requirements and best practice.
- To report to the ELT any practices that are unsafe and ensure action is taken by the ELT to provide a safe working environment.
- To provide information in regards to accidents and trends to the ELT and to support managers in investigation of major accidents so that managers can put in place initiatives to prevent re-occurrence.
The following Services are covered by Health & Safety;
- To support the ELT to ensure that we are meeting the legal requirements for Health, Safety and fire.
- To complete inspections to ensure that all establishments are adhering to relevant Health, Safety and Fire legislation and are keeping a healthy and safe environment for employees and service users.
- To bring to the attention of the ELT and managers any major issues with regards to health, safety and fire.
- To report accident trends and offer solutions to enable managers to put in-place initiatives to reduce accidents.
- To respond within the timescales given