Nugent Community Choices
Nugent Community Choices provides individualised 24 Hour personal care to people with learning and other disabilities in their own homes.
Individuals can be referred to us by their Social Worker. We will then send someone to meet with the individual, and their parents or carers to tell them more about the service and find out more about the person.
If the person agrees they want us to help, we will discuss and agree a care and support plan .
Support workers will help with:
- Getting dressed and undressed
- Bathing, washing, shaving, cleaning your teeth
- Going to the toilet
- Changing incontinence aids
- Taking medicine
- Keeping healthy
- Getting around and about at home and in the area
- Eating, drinking and cooking
- Looking after your money and your things
- Paying your bills
- Keeping in touch with family and friends
The service is paid for by Social Services and from the individual’s benefits, The Independent Living Fund or other funds.
This can also be paid by Direct Payment or Individual Budget which can be arranged thought he individual’s Social Worker.
Review meetings will take place every 6 months to check how things are going and make sure the individual is still getting the right support and that the care and support plan is still relevant. Parents or carers, Social Workers will be invited.