Nugent House Home for Children and Young People
We are the North West’s flagship home for boys aged 7-19 with emotional behaviour and mental health needs providing specialist therapeutic residential support.
At Nugent House Home for Children and Young People we pride ourselves on providing a holistic approach to residential and education by preparing pupils for all the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Through this supportive environment, children can begin to develop self-respect and self-confidence.
To provide a high quality integrated education, care and therapeutic environment where young people with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties are enabled to achieve their full potential.
- To create a secure, orderly and caring community in which pupils are able to achieve both academically and personally, whilst developing respect and concern for others.
- To provide entitlement to a National Curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, mental and physical development of its pupils.
- To provide professional support which may promote a greater sense of emotional well-being and an understanding of the difficulties which pupils experience.
- To promote appropriate peer and staff relationships encouraging the acquisition of appropriate social skills, mutual respect and trust.
- To prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- We seek to achieve and promote the five key outcomes of Every Child Matters.
- 8 residential houses situated in a cul-de-sac arrangement called Hope Lane.
- Each house accommodate up to six young people with en-suite shower facilities.
- Visits by relatives are encouraged with prior notification
- Each house is equipped with a pay phone
- A close relationship exists between teaching and residential staff as well as between the school, parents and local authority.
- Night supervision – at least one waking Night Child Care Worker on duty
- Education is provided on site for 38 weeks of the year for day and residential placements
- Individual personalised curriculum
- Full National Curriculum
- Nurture Curriculum at Key Stages – 2, 3, and 4
- Asdan offered along with Entry Level Certificates and a range of AQA Unit Awards.
- External accreditation including GCSE.
- Access to local colleges to extend the curriculum into vocational subjects for pupils in Year 10 and Year 11.
- Fully fitted science lab
- Nurture and therapies departments with their own catering areas and specialist rooms.
- Performing arts theatre
- Hair and beauty salon
- Engineering department
- Fitness studio in our full sized sports hall
Our therapeutic care is overseen by our lead clinician (HCPC Registered Psychologist).
The Standard therapeutic care package includes:
- Regular consultation to the Care Team
- Attendance at Integrated team around child meetings/ internal team meetings
- Input to LAC reviews / external professional meetings as required
- 8 week clinical needs Assessment
- Active risk assessment and management planning
- Identification of additional training needs of integrated team
- 12 weekly Reviews
- Clinical outcome measures
We also offer enhanced Specialist Interventions and other specialised enhancements tailored to specific needs.
Nugent House School offers students a varied menu and caters to individual needs (eg halal, vegetarian, lactose free, gluten free etc). The Kitchens have a 5 Star Food Agency Rating.