Nugent House Residential
We are the North West’s flagship home for boys aged 7-19 with emotional behaviour and mental health needs providing specialist therapeutic residential support.
At Nugent House Residential we pride ourselves on providing a holistic approach to residential and education for Children and Young People by preparing them for all the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Through this supportive environment, children can begin to develop self-respect and self-confidence.
To provide a high quality integrated education, care and therapeutic environment where young people with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties are enabled to achieve their full potential.
- To create a secure, orderly and caring community in which pupils are able to achieve both academically and personally, whilst developing respect and concern for others.
- To provide entitlement to a National Curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, mental and physical development of its pupils.
- To provide professional support which may promote a greater sense of emotional well-being and an understanding of the difficulties which pupils experience.
- To promote appropriate peer and staff relationships encouraging the acquisition of appropriate social skills, mutual respect and trust.
- To prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- We seek to achieve and promote the five key outcomes of Every Child Matters.
- 8 residential houses situated in a cul-de-sac arrangement called Hope Lane.
- Each house accommodate up to six young people with en-suite shower facilities.
- Visits by relatives are encouraged with prior notification
- Each house is equipped with a pay phone
- A close relationship exists between teaching and residential staff as well as between the school, parents and local authority.
- Night supervision – at least one waking Night Child Care Worker on duty
- Education is provided on site for 38 weeks of the year for day and residential placements
- Individual personalised curriculum
- Full National Curriculum
- Nurture Curriculum at Key Stages – 2, 3, and 4
- Asdan offered along with Entry Level Certificates and a range of AQA Unit Awards.
- External accreditation including GCSE.
- Access to local colleges to extend the curriculum into vocational subjects for pupils in Year 10 and Year 11.
- Fully fitted science lab
- Nurture and therapies departments with their own catering areas and specialist rooms.
- Performing arts theatre
- Hair and beauty salon
- Engineering department
- Fitness studio in our full sized sports hall
Our therapeutic care is overseen by our lead clinician (HCPC Registered Psychologist).
The Standard therapeutic care package includes:
- Regular consultation to the Care Team
- Attendance at Integrated team around child meetings/ internal team meetings
- Input to LAC reviews / external professional meetings as required
- 8 week clinical needs Assessment
- Active risk assessment and management planning
- Identification of additional training needs of integrated team
- 12 weekly Reviews
- Clinical outcome measures
We also offer enhanced Specialist Interventions and other specialised enhancements tailored to specific needs.
Nugent House School offers students a varied menu and caters to individual needs (eg halal, vegetarian, lactose free, gluten free etc). The Kitchens have a 5 Star Food Agency Rating.