The Courtyard Cafe and Training Centre
The Courtyard Café is a healthy eating coffee shop in Knowsley targeted to local businesses and the wider community which also provides training to vulnerable or excluded young people and adults with learning disabilities.
The concept of The Courtyard was developed through partnership working and ideas sharing between Nugent Care, Knowsley Working Well and Knowsley Chamber of Commerce.
There was a recognised need for healthy eating take-out food provision in the immediate vicinity of Knowsley Business Park and for alternatives to education and employment for young people with Learning Disabilities and other vulnerable young people who were or at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training).
Through extensive market research The Courtyard idea was developed.
The Courtyard Coffee Café offers the following:
• Catering Industry Standard Training opportunities to vulnerable and excluded people
• Employment and employability to vulnerable and excluded people
• Fresh food prepared daily to healthy eating principles, sourced with a conscience
• Order delivery options to the immediate vicinity of Knowsley Business Park/Admin Road within a 2 mile radius
• Flexible business/community space available to use or hire
• Ordering, collection and delivery services to local businesses.
The Courtyard Cafe opened in 2014 and has now established itself in Knowlsey Business Park and beyond for it’s quality food and educational provision.